Savvy Mom's Guide: Need Homework Help?
Your Ad Here

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Need Homework Help?







I have a first grader who has a lot of homework. I am sure this sounds funny because if you are like me I don’t remember having homework at that age. Helping him with homework is being back horrific memories of my childhood when my parents helped me bring my “C” down to a “F”. Needless to say I had to seek other sources for homework help.

How It Works








Thanks to the computer and the internet parents have an abundance of resources when it comes to helping a child with homework. I wish they were available when I was a child. I was beginning to feel like I was in first grade again, since I haven’t been in school in such a long time. So I began to look for ways technology could help me and my son with homework.

One service I found was tutor.com, which is a fee-based, interactive service. They offer a free 60 minute trial of their service. I strongly suggest that you sign up for the free trial.

Once you log into your account, pick your grade level and subject; you are taken to an interactive whiteboard area where you and the online tutor share the workspace on the computer. You ask questions in the chat area and write homework problem on the whiteboard. Then the tutor shows you how to solve the problem on the whiteboard and you can ask questions about anything you do not understand. Also, you can save the workspace as a file and/ or print it out for further and future reference. I was really impressed with how quickly the problem was resolved and the efficient use of technology.

If you child doesn’t use a computer on a regular basis, beside his or her PSP, then this is a good time for you as well as your child to see the many benefits of technology.








Subscribe to Savvy Mom's Guide by Email

No comments: